January 12-18, 2020
Big Idea! The Church: We believe the Church to be the community of those who confess Jesus as Lord. God commands the Church (both local and global), through unity and fellowship, to be an expression of His love, compassion, and mercy to the world.
Verse: 1 Corinthians 12:27 (NLT) : "All of you together are Christ's body, and each of you is a part of it."
Spend time each day reading the passages for the week.
Day 1: Romans 12:3-13
Day 2: Romans 15:1-7
Day 3: 1 Corinthians 12:4-13
Day 4: 1 Corinthians 12:14-27
Day 5: Philippians 1:12-30
This passage will help prepare you
for Sunday morning.
Discover biblical truth by talking
together about the scripture.
- How does today's passage shape your understanding of the Church?
- What do you think Jesus is telling you about the Church and yourself after you read the passage?
- How will you respond to Jesus?
- What do you think Jesus is asking you to do, be, or live out today?
Recording praises and requests in a journal will help
you and your family continually recognize what God is doing!
-Praise God for those in yoru life who have partnered with you in following Jesus!
Pray God's will for your child, your friends, your family, by praying scriptures. Insert someone's name in the blank as you pray.
"Lord, may________;s love abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that she/he may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ - to Your glory and praise." Philippians 1:9-11
January 5-11, 2020
Big Idea! Joy: A deep settled confidence that a loving Heavenly Father is in control of the details of my life. It exists despite my circumstances.
Verse: James 1:2 "Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy."
Day 1: Philippians
Day 2: Philippians 2:1-18
Day 3: Philippians 2:19-30
Day 4: Philippians 3:1-4:1
Day 5: Philippians 4:2-23
passage will help prepare you for Sunday morning.
truth by talking together about the scripture.
- As you read through Philippians this week, take note of how many times Paul writes about his joy. What is connected to his joy?
- How does this letter encourage you or teach you?
- How do you respond to Jesus after each portion of Philippians?
praises and requests in a journal will help you and your family continually
recognize what God is doing!
- What has God done or given or been fro you that brings you joy? Praise God for all you can think of!
Pray God's will for your child, your friends, and your family by praying scriptures. Insert someone's name in the blank as you pray.
"May_________be filled with Your mighty, glorious strength and keep going on with the Lord no matter what happens...always full of the joy of the Lord." Colossians 1:11