October 14-20, 2018
Big Idea! Holiness: We believe that after salvation, God desires each individual to be fully submitted in thoughts, attitudes, decisions, emotions, and lifestyle to the power and guidance of the Holy Spirit.
Verse: Romans 12:1-2 (NLT) " And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all He has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice--the kind He will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship Him. Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect."
Spend time each day reading the
passages for the week.
Day 1: John 15:18-27
Day 2: Ephesians 5:8-21
Day 3: John
Day 4: 1 Peter 2:9-12
Day 5: 1 John 2:28-3:3
This passage will help prepare you
for Sunday morning.
Discover biblical truth by talking
together about the scripture.
- How does today's passage describe a follower of Jesus?
- What actions or behaviors or attitudes does today's passage encourage you to have?
- What do you think Jesus is encouraging you to do today?
- How do you respond to Jesus after reading today's passage?
Recording praises and requests in a journal will help
you and your family continually recognize what God is doing!
- How has God changed your life? Praise God for specific ways that God has changed you!
Pray God's will for your child, your friends, your family, by praying scriptures. Insert someone's name in the blank as you pray.
"I pray that You, God of peace, would sanctify_______through and through. May her/his whole spirit, soul, and body be kept blameless until the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." I Thessalonians 5:23
October 7-13, 2018
Big Idea! The Church: We believe the church to be the community of those who confess Jesus as Lord. God commands the Church (both local and global). through unity and fellowship, to be an expression of God's love, compassion, and mercy to the world.
Verse: 1 Corinthians 12:27 (NLT) "All of you together are Christ's body, and each of you is a part of it."
Day 1: Matthew 22:34-40; Leviticus 19:18
Day 2: John 13:34-35
Day 3: Colossians 3:5-14
Day 4: 1 John 3:16-18
Day 5: 1 John 2:15-27
passage will help prepare you for Sunday morning.
truth by talking together about the scripture.
- What does today's passage tell you about your relationship with Jesus ?
- What does it tell you about your relationship with the church?
- How do you respond to what Jesus is telling you?
- Is Jesus asking you to do anything today or this week?
praises and requests in a journal will help you and your family continually
recognize what God is doing!
- Who from the church has encouraged you before?
- Praise God for that person (or those people) and pray this prayer for them from Ephesians 1:15-71.
"Lord, as I think of _________'s faith in your Lord Jesus, and his/her love for other Christians, I want to give You thanks for him/her. And I ask You the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, our glorious Father, that You would give to him/her the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that he/she may know You better."