At Ontario First, our goal is to disciple our children towards relationship with Jesus Christ. We want to help them discover the amazing adventure of following Jesus.
Connie Blastock is our Pastor to Children and their Families. Those who are interested in joining the children's ministry team should contact Pastor Connie. Volunteer applications are available at the table in the KidZone hall on Sunday mornings. Before working with children, all teachers must fill out an application and go through a background check. Of course, teachers are chosen for both their character and their teaching skills.
There is a lot going on for kids at OFCN. Below is a look at our weekly and seasonal opportunities for children to engage in the Discipleship Adventure.
* Our nurseries are equipped and staffed to provide quality care in a clean environment for our infants, crawlers, and beginning walkers. Nursery is where we introduce our children to the church body.
* Sunday school (9:30am) is where we work on developing strong biblical foundations. Interactive curriculum and excellent teachers help children to experience fun, faith-building encounters specific to God's Word.
* Gathered worship is critical to our spiritual growth. Because we believe that, we invite our families to worship together at 11am. Children preschool-5th grade are invited to a children's lesson during a portion of the worship time.
* Children's Quizzing is for children in grades 2-6, providing more in-depth BIble study than most other gatherings for these ages. The children study a particular book of the Bible for seven months, and enjoy traveling to participate with kids from other churches at three enjoyable quiz meets.
Wednesday Life Groups
On Wednesday evenings, Discipleship Adventure is broken up into four age/grade appropriate sections.
* Kids 4 years old to Kindergarten will be learning key Bible stories and learning about characters in the Bible.
* Our 1st - 4th graders will learn how to connect being a follower of Jesus to real life situations and activities. They will study a set of "I Believes" that emphasize what our church believes about God, scripture and the Church. They will also learn how to read scripture in a way that they can "hear" from Jesus in the passage.
* Our 5th & 6th grade life group will examine the Nazarene Articles of Faith as well as basic Orthodox Christian beliefs. The goal is to help students understand our faith and take ownership of their own faith.
Our annual sports ministry for our community. We currently participate in basketball and cheerleading for children in Kindergarten through the 6th grade.
For questions about the Upward program, click on this link to visit our Upward FAQ page.
Other events are available at various times throughout the year and include, but are not limited to, Vacation Bible School, summer camps at Trinity Pines, summer challenges, and more. The 2017 Summer Challenge is available here